Sunday, July 8, 2007

Day Ten and Eleven -- Saturday and Sunday

Not a lot happened on Saturday. We had a short rehearsal in the morning and then performed at night. Although we did plant some YPMs (Young Performing Missionaries) to go up to our district leader (Alex / John Taylor) to compliment his neck tie. A few days ago, Natalie and he and I had been joking about his "pasley" (as Natalie introduced us to) necktie. I told him that whenever anyone mentioned it, he should comment on how in complemented his ears -- all with a straight face. He does a very convincing job of it, too. Anyway, I guess he's forgotten about that because one of the YPMs reported to us that when he mentioned it, Alex just said "thanks." Bummer.

Today's Sunday, and we just got back from Sacrament Meeting. I was asked (yesterday at 4:00 p.m.) to give a talk on faith. I guess it went as well as it could go on such short notice; but I hate feeling so unprepared. I think the Lord has been putting me in a lot of situations recently where I feel very unprepared/inadequate to teach me to not rely on myself and put my trust in Him. Anyway, I learned a lot by writing the talk; so I guess nothing else matters.

Well, Natalie and I are going to babysit for a family while the parents go perform in the "Sunday Sociable" (a Broadway-style musical program by the Pageant cast leads) tonight. We already saw the show yesterday, so it'll be fun to help watch their kids. BTW, if they decide to perform the Sociable in Salt Lake after the pageant's done, I'll let you guys know, because it's amazing!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

haha is the tie like something Mr. Jones would wear? If Mr. Jones wore ties?

Anonymous said...

Hey you guys I love your blogging it is so great!
I hope to see you Natalie at home soon!

Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like you guys are having alot of fun out there! Lucky Ducks......... -Karly

Anonymous said...

You guys are finaly come home and I am so excited to see you guys!
Love Abby!