Thursday, July 12, 2007

Days Twelve through Fifteen -- Monday through Thursday

Wow! Sorry that that daily blogging idea has obviously been ditched. Although we haven't been rehearsing nearly like we were the first week, it seems like our days are even busier now that we have "free time." But it's been a blast! We've gone to see some shows, including the YPM's "High Hopes and Riverboats," "Just Plain Anna Amanda," and the Joseph Smith movie at the Visitor's Center. We've toured the historic buildings, and we've also gone to several of the vignettes: small scenes portraying the saints in Nauvoo, performed by the lead cast from the Pageant. And don't forget the shopping; we've combed Mulholland street's souvenir shops and bought out a few of the stores (just kidding -- we're too poor for that!), bought fudge, and (this morning) went shopping for our snacks for the train ride home. I can't believe it's ending so fast! If there is such a thing as falling in love with a city, I think I'm a victim. I'll miss it so much -- especially being in the Pageant -- but I'm also so excited to come home.

So, while Natalie is dropping everything, I'm running into even more. One night at the Pageant, we came out of the dressing room from making a very quick costume change. We came around the corner to run up the stairs to make our entrance, when I completely ran into a massive wheelbarrow that was holding props. How did I not see the wheelbarrow? you might ask. In response, all I have to say is this: you try wearing bloomers, layers of petticoats, and yards and yards and yards and yards (no joke) of pioneer-style skirt. Then see how easy it is to see what's in front of you.

But that's not all for my running into things. A couple days ago, we had put a load of laundry in the first floor's washing machine (although we live on the second floor). It was done drying, and we went in to pick it up. We then realized that the load we had chosen to do on the first floor included several items that we didn't necessarily want the whole pageant cast to see, if you catch my drift. But our room was a whole flight of stairs plus a long hallway away, and we didn't have anything to carry the load in. So I grabbed the load, bolted for the staircase, and bounded up the stairs to the second floor. Proud of myself for making it thusfar unseen, I continued to run down the hall toward our room -- a load of laundry in my arms -- and straight into one of the fans in the hallway. It knocked into the wall, and I quickly picked it up and ran even faster to our room. Luckily there was no damage done to the fan, the wall, the laundry, or to me.

*Newsflash: I've officially decided to ditch the clarinet and take up the bagpipes. So much for BYU, clarinet major, etc. . . .

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Hm, bagpipes. Well, it probably has similar air support to the clarinet, right? I'll miss you at BYU, though. Where will you go for that? Oxford? Cambridge?