Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day Two

The day started out normally. Well normal for having slept on a train, I guess. Hannah and I had just awakened from our "beauty rest" when this old woman walked past. She stopped and looked at us for a minute before she said, "I like your blanket. It's cute." Hannah and I didn't know whose blanket she was referring to, so we basically just sat there and looked at her.

We may be just a bit bored...
We had been on this train for about 30 hours when we realized that, aside from writing summaries and drawing pictures of our future prince charmings, we hadn't really done anything. We recognized the fact that we were bored. I called Julie about a billion times, then we decided to do something useful with all our extra time. So we pulled out the "Customer Safety Instructions" guidebook and proceeded to quiz each other on correct emergency procedures when one is on a train. Hannah stumped me a few times, but I must say, I am an expert on snap lights. To activate: 1. Bend once 2. Snap 3. Shake

My trouble with doors and boxes
Doors and I have never exactly been on great terms. Just a couple days before we left for Nauvoo, I totally punched my bedroom doorway and ended up with a bloody knuckle. I thought it might be solely Utah doors that I have problems with, but no. Apparently I don't get along with Nauvoo doors either. Hannah and I needed to go pick up our boxes that we sent ahead, so we were leaving our room and I whacked my uninjured hand on the doorway. It hurt. I was annoyed with our door, and I made the mistake of taking out my anger on the outside door. I pushed it open with a flourish, but it hit a bush, bounced back, and hit me. Now that was embarrassing.

Somehow, though, Hannah and I made it to our boxes, picked them up, and started heading down the stairs. Hannah was in front of me, and at the top of a flight of stairs she stopped to readjust her box. I misjudged the size of my own box while readjusting, and I smacked Hannah with one side of my box-practically knocking her down all those stairs. Not good.

2 comments:

Chlorine Addict said...

Natalie, you just really like to punch things, don't you?

Noelle said...

Wow. I am reminded of a certain closet door in Anaheim. Hm.